When it comes to Halloween treats, you totally don’t want to be that person–you know, the one who hands out stacks of pennies taped together or packets of dried out, sour raisins. Because if you are that person, not only are the neighborhood children likely to be disappointed when they come to your door, but you might as well have a sign on your house that says “EGG ME! PLEASE!” While pretzels and non-edible trinkets are always a safe choice, if you’re looking for organic or natural Halloween candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters, things get a little bit dicey. Here are some natural candy picks that will please all your local junk food fiends (and hopefully spare your house an egging!).
(Oh, and note that just because these items are natural doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re healthy. They’re not–they’re just made with natural ingredients.)
1. Marich Milk Chocolate Jack-O-Lantern Discs, because you can’t have Halloween without chocolate.
2. Annie’s Homegrown Tropical Treat Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks are sold at Target, Whole Foods, and other stores. Perfect for the younger trick-or-treaters!
3. Mini Glee Gum Mix will definitely be popular with the gum-chewing crowd.
4. Surf Sweets Sour Berry Bears, because everyone loves gummi bears. And sour ones are even better!
5. Tiny Treats Natural Candy Mix–something for everyone!