When thinking of avocado you typically wouldn’t think to pair it with bacon. However, the bacon avocado combination creates a creamy, crunchy, smoky flavor that is out of this world. With this recipe, we’ve taken the bacon avocado one step further by adding a fried egg to the mix. This makes this Bacon Avocado & Egg Sandwich a perfect meal for breakfast or lunch.
Bacon Avocado & Egg Sandwich Recipe
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Slices of Nature’s Harvest Honey Wheat Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Avocado (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- 2 Slices Bacon
- 1 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- ½ Tbsp. Very Lazy Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Place 2 strips bacon in microwave (cover with a paper towel) for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove excess grease with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Toast bread.
- Heat stovetop skillet on medium, add butter and melt.
- Add eggs to skillet. Turn heat to low. Fry approximately 2 minutes on each side to achieve over easy eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Remove bread from toaster. Add eggs, bacon, and avocado to bottom slice. Add mayo and crushed garlic to top slice.
- Place top slice of toast bread on top to sandwich together.
- Cut on the diagonal, and serve immediately.
How Do You Know if an Avocado is Ripe?
Without a doubt, one of keys to this recipe is making sure your avocado is ripe, but not too ripe. So how can you tell without slicing into that sucker? The traditional advice is to simply give the avocado a squeeze and if its springy then it is ripe. However, this can also mean it’s over ripe. A trick Pop Sugar shared involves the stem.
Flick the small brown stem off the top of the avocado. If it comes off easily and you can see green underneath it, the avocado is ripe! If the stem doesn’t come off or if you see brown, the avocado is not ripe.