It seems like come January, everyone and their mother is on a diet. I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but diets don’t work–lifestyle changes do. But it can be hard to change your lifestyle if you don’t have the right tools. You don’t have to spend tons of money on special diet foods (gross!) or fitness equipment–here are 10 products to help you achieve your weight loss goals this year.
1. Gaiam Tree of Life Yoga Mat // Yoga mats aren’t just for yoga! They’re great for any exercise you’d do on the floor–crunches, push-ups, planks. This one is cute and functional.
2. What I Ate Mini Journal // If you’re not sure where you’re going wrong with your eating habits, start tracking your food intake! A bite here and a bite there can really add up over the course of a day. You can also use a food journal to plan your day in advance–that’s what I do.
3. Takeya Fruit Infusion Jug // I only have sugary drinks on Saturdays, so the rest of the week it’s water or iced tea. I get bored with those two options, so I like to experiment with my water by infusing it with different fruits and herbs (like mint).
4. EatSmart Digital Nutrition Scale // Get into the habit of weighing everything you eat with a nutrition scale. It can help you stick to appropriate portion sizes when you have no clue what an ounce of tortilla chips or cheese looks like. The great thing about this one is that it can also tell you how many calories are in different foods.
5. Vivo Square Bento Box // If you find yourself getting lunch at fast food restaurants a wee bit too often, try bringing a bento box to work. I like that this box has three different sizes of trays–use the smallest one for chips or a treat and the biggest for fruits and veggies.
6. Cooking Light // I love Cooking Light! Why? Because nothing in Cooking Light seems like diet food. Changing up your routine and finding new recipes is a great way to stay motivated with your weight loss.
7. Misto Gourmet Olive Oil Sprayer, Brushed Aluminum // I use my Misto everyday. You can use any kind of oil in it–it’s great for roasting veggies or sautéing.
8. SPRI ES500R Xertube Resistance Band with Door Attachment and Exercise Charts // Resistance bands are the perfect workout–the equipment is super cheap and you can take them anywhere.
9. Darrell Lea Original Soft Eating Black Liquorice // I know, this is totally random, right? But I always need something sweet after meals. Black licorice is great because after you eat it, you have that kind of numb, post-black licorice feeling in your mouth and you’re not going to be tempted to eat anything else because you know it will taste funny.
10. Le Creuset Silicone Prep Bowls // Measuring your food is so important! These prep bowls are awesome because they’re also measuring cups. Use them for snacks, sauces, and treats so you always know you’re sticking to the appropriate serving sizes.
OOOh, I want them all. 🙂
Tricia Nightowlmama says
always good to have tools to help you get through losing weight